Course Description: The CompTIA IT Fundamentals+ exam will certify the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills required to identify and explain the basics of computing, IT infrastructure, software development and database use. In addition, candidates will demonstrate their knowledge to install software, establish basic network connectivity and identify/prevent basic security risks. Further, this exam will assess the candidate’s knowledge in the areas of troubleshooting theory and preventative maintenance of devices. This exam is intended for candidates who are advanced end users, are considering a career in IT, and are interested in pursuing professional-level certifications, such as A+.
This course and the IT Fundamentals+ certification are designed as the starting point for a career in IT support. Obtaining ITF+ certification will show that you have the aptitude to pursue a professional-level certification, such as CompTIA A+. Completing this course will also help you acquire the knowledge and skills to set up and use a computer at home securely and keep it in good working order and to provide informal support for PCs and simple computer networks to your colleagues in a small business.
On course completion, you will be able to:
- Set up a computer workstation and use basic software applications.
- Explain the functions and types of devices used within a computer system.
- Apply basic computer maintenance and support principles.
- Describe some principles of software and database development.
- Configure computers and mobile devices to connect to home networks and to the Internet.
- Identify security issues affecting the use of computers and networks.